So I am currently sitting in the Dubai International Airport, which is basically like any other airport except WAY, WAY better. First of all, it is a beautiful piece of architecture; the terminal is huge with amazing triangle shaped windows of geometric figured frosted glass. But on top of that, this place is a shopping mall on crack. I swear I have never seen so many watches, cell phones, designer clothing, chocolate, and other luxury items in my entire life (and all duty free, of course). If I ever get trapped in an airport for months like Tom Hanks in The Terminal, I would want it to be this one. On top of having Starbucks, this place is practically made to be lived in. They have a spa and health center (who goes to the gym in an airport?), as well as showers!! The closest thing that I have found to a sleeping area is these awesome lounge chairs, which are very comfortable and have blankets provided (but I'm going to keep looking for actual beds). The only thing that seems to be missing is the tacky airport souvenir shops, which is a little sad because I really would love a Dubai t-shirt.
I am here for another hour and a half and then I leave on a jet plane again. I am flying from Dubai to Dar es Salaam (the big city in Tanzania). I will spend New Year's eve there in a hotel and fly the next morning on a domestic flight to Mwanza, which is on the other side of the country. Finally, I will make it to the Baby Home at about 9am (1 am EST) on January 1st!!
I will try to keep the blog updated as much as possible, but it really depends on how good the internet connection is in Mwanza and how often I can make it into town. I miss you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you see any cool architecture on the approach to Dubai? I bet the skyline looks pretty awesome. Have a safe trip! Hope the rest of your stay in Mwanza is great!
ReplyDelete-Isaac
Yay Em! I'll be praying for you and watching your blog. We are your Florida fans!
ReplyDelete